No, the blog title doesn’t refer to that handsome and clever linguist Lawrence Arabia chap above, but instead is a line from Ella Chau Yin Chi aka French_concession’s new single End of Time (and more about that down below).
Not too long ago Mr Arabia got into a bit of bother when, as a former resident who visits Christchurch occasionally post-earthquakes, he commented on the blandness of the new city centre. We however think he would be a good town crier for Ōtautahi.
James Dann sums up the silly response nicely in his Same As It Ever Was post here.
Anyway, playing Lawrence Arabia’s 2012 track “The 03” seemed like the perfect way to kick off the show today.
I’m going back to the 03
To see the places where I used to be
Getting punched on High Street mall
Getting drunk at the college ball
And on with the show…
Direct download: The Joint – 8 February 2020
Notebooks out completists, here’s the playlist in full…
- LAWRENCE ARABIA – The 03
- FRENCH_CONCESSION – End of Time *
- KAMANDI – Not Biting My Tongue
- SEB THE VEGABOND – skullspooner
- PAPLOCO – YOU NO SOUL
- VELVET C – Word Has It
- SASCHA FUNKE – WOM
- DAME BONNET – Portamento
- BRONNT INDUSTRIES KAPITAL – Force The Line
- WOLFEY – H.U.W
- ATLETAS – Um Ano, Quatro
- THE TACKS – One Last Goodbye
- GUARDIAN SINGLES – Heartland
- WASTED SHIRT – Double the Dream
- SLIFT – Hyperion
- EYE – Kill The Slavemaster
- LONESOMECARBOY – Sunlight in Riga
- MASKS – Broken Glass
- GRÜN WASSER – Driving
- ROOTS MANUVA – Hard Bastards
- FLEET.DREAMS – 888
- VODOR L ZECK – Trainpiratism
- TECWAA – Bania
- JACQUES GREENE – Stars
- TOPHU – Ted Nyungen
- MELANIE VELARDE – Another Para
* The source of this week’s lyrical heading.