Sometimes you need a helping hand from the heavy hitters. For that reason we flew in Sarah Nicol, manager of legendary London radio station Resonance FM, for a refresher on how to properly do a radio show.
Sarah gave us some good advice on how to stalk music legends (e.g. James Murphy, Jane Weaver, Trevor Jackson) without looking like a stalker, how to get backstage at gigs (e.g. Despacio), and how to pick music (e.g. go to a record shop and overwhelm yourself with the vinyl selection).
Consider ourselves schooled. We will attempt to put this new found and valued advice into action from now on.
Direct download: The_Joint_2016-02-27-12-14.mp3
And here’s the playlist in full…
12pm – 1pm
- TB Arthur – 1B
- Cavern Of Anti-Matter – tardis cymbals
- Die Verboten – Aquarius
- Fern Kinney – Baby let me kiss you
- Africaine 808 – Fallen From the Stars
- Kero Kero Bonito – Lipslap
- Charli XCX – Vroom Vroom
- Zona Norte – Queen Of The Ghetto
- Minor Victories – A Hundred Ropes
1pm – 2pm
- Larry Gus – NP-complete
- Pablo Pachacutik – Afro-Andinismo
- Ibibio Sound System – Prodigal Son (Ayen Ake Feheke)
- Kesha – Die Young (We Are Temporary “No Luke” Remix)
- Jane Weaver – I need a connection
- Wire – Nocturnal Koreans
- The Relatives – Crossbones!!!
- Cuckoolander – Beating Myself Up
- !!! – Freedom ’15
- Crescendo – Last
- The Knife – Raging Lung