Electro overload because I’m doing the show by myself while The Herb Whisperer, in a double whammy, recovers from his retirement party and sleeps in after doing an allnighter watching the first games of the 2010 World Cup.
Gave me a chance get through my backlog of recent acquisitions from Galaxy Records including this 1982 gem from Bill Wyman “(Si, Si) Je Suis un Rock Star”. As someone (not Bill Wyman) recently said, you can’t polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter.
Bill Wyman is apparently mad keen on metal detectors – so much so that he recently released The Bill Wyman Signature Metal Detector.
UPDATE: I forgot to record the show today so there’s no podcast this week. Sorry.
And here’s the playlist in full…
12pm – 1pm
- Tiger & Woods – Deflowered
- Etienne de Crecy – Hope (Djedjotronic remix)
- Nacho Lovers – Deeper (CFCF remix)
- Popular Computer – Lost & found (Shinichi Osawa remix)
- Star Casino – Stroll around the world
- Shinichi Osawa – Maximum joy
- Julien Dyne – Behind the forage **NZ**
- J-Dubs – Spaceworm **NZ**
- Big K.R.I.T. – Country shit
- Big K.R.I.T. – Just touched down
- King Midas Sound – Waiting for you
- Siouxsie and The Banshees – Hong Kong garden
1pm – 2pm
- Pig Out – DWM **NZ**
- Sleigh Bells – Riot rhythm
- Bill Wyman – Girls
- Magic Eye – Boy do you ever think at all **NZ**
- The Cranks – Interferon **NZ**
- Acid Washed – Royal soda
- Robyn – Don’t fucking tell me what to do
- Air – J’ai Dormi Sous L’Eau
- Jolie Cherie – Pigalle
- Jolie Cherie – No matter what
- Jolie Cherie – Paris tous les jours (feat Lulu)
- Jolie Cherie – Encore une fois
- Jolie Cherie – Insomnie
- Bill Wyman – Je suis un rock star