1968: Gary Coleman born.
1978: Diff’rent Strokes debuts on NBC on 3 November.
2001: The Strokes release their debut album “This Is It” which includes the single “Last Nite”.
2001: The Diff’rent Strokes release their “This Isn’t It” EP which includes a cheap synth cover version of “Last Nite”.
2006: Dubstep goes overground (with Burial’s debut album).
2010: Gary Coleman dies. RIP Gary Coleman.
Such is the circle of life.
And here’s the playlist in full…
12pm – 1pm
- LCD Soundsystem – Pow pow
- Booka Shade – The door
- Space Dimension Controller – Title sequence
- Pikachunes – Just a boy **NZ**
- Hussle Club – Goodmorning midnight
- Beenie Man – Temper (drive riddim) via Attorney St
- Charles Hamilton – Gauchos
- Sleigh Bells – Infinity guitars
- The Unwed Teenage Mothers – Teenage brain
- Ty Segall – Caesar
- King Midas Sound – Cool out
- The Bug – Run
- Danger – 88:88
- Scram Jones – Two piece special
- Madvillain – Papermill
1pm – 2pm
- Uffie – ADD SUV (feat. Pharrell Williams)
- Uffie – Difficult
- Uffie – Sex dreams and denim jeans
- Kele – Tenderoni (Xxxchange dub)
- Strange Forces – Fields of Aaru
- Ikons – Seconds
- Christina Aguilera – Elastic love
- Benga – No bra, no panties
- School Of Seven Bells – Babelonia
- Psychic Powers – Glide **NZ** (thx Tally Ho! Magazine )
- Heavy – Choice
- Kavinsky – 1986
- The Diff’rent Strokes – Last nite
Alternatively, this is the raw, unpasteurized version of the show in mp3 format. No chapters, pictures or links. Slightly less quality. Otherwise the audio content is the same as the two files above. The choice is yours…..