Find of the week was “Black beautiful women” on the Soul Sides blog. We’re confused as to why the track was credited to the Spirit House Movers when further investigation revealed the group to be The Jihad. More details can be found at Nothing 2.0, along with three complete albums to download from Jihad productions 1960’s catalogue. Warning: Contents may include traces of free jazz.
We promised to play samples of British Scottish British Scottish comedian Frankie Boyle during the last hour of the show, in light of the BBC Trust’s recent ruling on his remarks about Rebecca Adlington on Mock The Week. However these slivers of comedy gold need to carefully nurtured and not thrown into the mix in a slapdash fashion. So maybe next week, in the meantime….
Today’s playlist in full…
12pm – 1pm
- Palermo Disko Machine – Theme of palermo disko machine
- Dam-Funk – Galactic fun
- Blood Orange – Sutphin boulevard
- Gino Soccio – Try it out
- Yeah Yeah Yeahs – Heads will roll (A-Trak remix) (Club edit)
- Micragirls – Electric chair twist
- Micragirls – Out of tune
- Micragirls – Hit and miss!
- The Jihad – Black beautiful women
- Fabulous Diamonds – Cemetary dub
- Le Corps Mince De Francoise – Something golden (Renaissance Man remix)
1pm – 2pm
- Housse De Racket – Synthetiseur
- The Dodoz – Werewolf in love
- The Dodoz – Strangers, blank!
- The Dodoz – Weapon
- L Que & J Red – Bubba ho-step (truth) **NZ**
- Ramadanman & Appleblim – Justify
- Peepholes – Airforce trainer
- Robert Wyatt – Alliance
- Aufgang – Channel 7
- The Hush Now – Hoping and waiting
- Van She – (Don’t fear) the reaper
- X Lion Tamer – Tugboat
2pm – 3pm
- Lindstrøm & Prins Thomas – Skal vi prøve nå?
- Camille Yarborough – Take yo’ praise
- Boy Crisis – Dressed to digress
- Boy Crisis – Sex and violence
- Boy Crisis – Bohemian grove
- Speculator – Fuck this world
- Dompteur Mooner – Le coq rouge
- Twin Of Twins – Which dudus
- Lindstrøm & Christabelle – Love sick
- Big Troubles – Freudian slips
- Frankie Rose – Thee only one
- Gentle Friendly – Clean breaker
- Sexy Animals – Sex for tha money **NZ**
Alternatively, this is the raw, unpasteurized version of the show in mp3 format. No chapters, pictures, links or edits. Otherwise the audio content is the same as the three m4a files above. The choice is yours…..