We make the faux pas so you don’t have to.
Fraserhead unreservedly apologises to Finnish band K-X-P and Finnish listeners for calling them Scandanavian in his “sneaky Scandanavian foursome” halfway through the show.
According to Wikipedia:
In English, Scandinavia usually refers to Denmark, Norway, and Sweden.
When a speaker wants to explicitly include Finland alongside Scandinavia-proper, the geographic terms Fenno-Scandinavia or Fennoscandia are sometimes used in English, although these terms are hardly if at all used within Scandinavia.
More precisely, and subject to no dispute, is that Finland is included in the broader term ‘Nordic countries’.
Put that in your pipe and smoke it.
Happy birthday Herb Whisperer. Hope you like the BROS picture disc.
And here’s the playlist in full…
Direct download: The_Joint_2015-04-11-12-14.mp3
12pm – 1pm
- Todd Terje – Alfonso Muskedunder (Mungolian Jetset Remix)
- Lxury – Pick You Up
- MoonDoctoR – Crowd Hype
- Reset – Breezy **NZ**
- SILICON – God Emoji **NZ**
- Bad Blocks – Lunar **NZ**
- Kiwi – Promise (Komono Remix)
- Oddisee – That’s Love
- Ava Luna – Steve Polyester
- Single Lash – Drown
- The Trendees – Motorcycle (makes loud noise) **NZ**
- Electricity In Our Homes – Buddy Lemonade
- Colleen Green – Pay Attention
- Bully – I Remember
1pm – 2pm
- I’m From Barcelona – Sirens
- Jenny Hval – Sabbath
- K-X-P – Space Precious Time
- Tears – 33
- Earl Sweatshirt & Action Bronson – Warlord Leather
- Tyler, The Creator – Deathcamp
- Walls – Moon Eye
- dälek – Masked Laughter (Nothing’s Left)
- Colleen – Captain Of None
- Nadine Shah – Fool
- Oscar – Daffodil Days
- White Reaper – Make Me Wanna Die