Tried to avoid any Christmas frivolity this year but the pull towards festive nonsense was too great.
Plus, the repeated-lyric-reworking of Slade’s “Merry Xmas Everybody” put us in mind of an equivalent deconstruction someone performed on The Human League’s “Don’t You Want Me” a few years ago.
Direct download: The Joint – 15 December 2018
And here’s the playlist in full…
- “SLADE” – Merry Xmas Everybody (But All The Lyrics Are ‘Are You Hanging Up Your Stocking On Your Wall’) *
- DJ NARCISO & NUNO BEATS – Hino Rs
- MEEK MILL – What’s Free (featuring Rick Ross & Jay Z)
- ANGELIC MILK – When The Limousines Pass By
- PRESSURE – Militant
- DJ EARL – LIKE THT
- THE MIGHTY SPARROW – Slave
- BORED IN COLOMBIA – Dreaming Of Turkey And Ham (featuring Red Headed Roy The Butchers Boy)
- SLOWTHAI – Doorman
- SHIT & SHINE – Sunrise Sam
- J DILLA – The Throwaway (Yancey Boys featuring Frank Nitt)
- THE GIST – Love At First Sight
- ROSE DROLL – Boy Bruise
- DANIEL AVERY – Diminuendo
- AESOP ROCK & TOBACCO ARE MALIBU KEN – Acid King
- THE HIGHER – The Core
- BELLE & SEBASTIAN – The 12 Days Of Christmas
- LIFE IN SODOM – The Stains (Alessandro Adriani Remix)
- RIVAL CONSOLES – Persona
- CONFIDENCE MAN – Santa’s Comin’ Down The Chimney
- PLEASURE PLANET – Evaporate
- CROOKED MAN – Long Time Dead
- PRESSURE – Vex Riddim
- V/VM – Christmas Stuffing Fanfare
- MIRRORED LIPS – Falling In Love Again (Can’t Help It)
- BONE HEAD – Soft Power
- IC3PEAK – Смерти Больше Нет
- HIPSWAY – Main Theme From The Film “Ask The Lord”
- SILVERBACKS – Just In The Band
- THE ALCHEMIST – E Coli (featuring Earl Sweatshirt)
- UNLOVED – Love
- PETE SHELLEY – Homosapien (Elongated Dancepartydubmix)
* The source of this week’s lyrical heading.
Posted in music, playlist, the show
Tagged Aesop Rock, Alchemist, Alessandro Adriani, Angelic Milk, Belle & Sebastian, Bone Head, Bored In Colombia, Confidence Man, Crooked Man, Daniel Avery, DJ Earl, DJ Narciso, Earl Sweatshirt, Frank Nitt, Higher, Hipsway, Ic3peak, J Dilla, Jay Z, Life In Sodom, Malibu Ken, Meek Mill, Mighty Sparrow, Mirrored Lips, Nuno Beats, Pete Shelley, Pleasure Planet, Pressure, Rick Ross Red Headed Roy The Butchers Boy, Rival Consoles, Rose Droll, Shit & Shine, Silverbacks, Slade, Slowthai, The Gist, Tobacco, Unloved, V/VM, Yancey Boys
Tunisian / Palestinian combo Checkpoint 303 have a brand new track out, “Needle Stuck On Lebanon“, which makes good use of news broadcast samples from around the world.
Not only should we thank them for letting us know the song is available as a free download from their website, we are also eternally grateful that they sent us this link to a George Galloway interview that appeared on Sky News UK recently. It’s not a spectacle for the fainthearted, as the Respect MP tears strips off the hapless journalist to the point where he comes across as a misogynistic bully.
We can’t imagine Rupert Murdoch was amused and it certainly wouldn’t have gone to air on Rupert’s other news channel, Fox. Unless George went up against Bill O’Reilly. That really would be a heavyweight challenge. So much so that it could be made the equivalent of a pay-per-view prizefight. We’re willing to cough up a few bucks to watch so let’s start lobbying for it now.
And thank you to The Nicol Brothers aka Offset and Hank for dropping in today to lay down a few drum’n’bass sets. Cheers fellas.
Posted in playlist, the show
Tagged A Sunny Day In Glasgow, ANDREW WK, BORIS PICKETT & THE CRYPT KICKERS, BOXCUTTER, BREAK & FIERCE, Checkpoint 303, CLS & WAX, CONCORD DAWN, DABRYE, DJ C, ed muzik, ED RUSH AND OPTICAL, ELECTROSOUL SYSTEM & PHYSICS THE OUTFIT, EPIC MAN & PLAN B, F.O. MACHETE, GEIN, HANK, JOHNNY P, KLAXONS, LOGISTICS, LONG BLONDES, MAPS, MATTY G, NU:TONE, Offset, PAGAN WANDERER LU, Plan B, PLUME, PORTISHEAD, RETAINERS, SALMONELLA DUB HIGH CONTRAST, SENOR COCONUT, Shocking Pinks, Shrag, SKC & SAFARI, Teebee, THE MARDY BUMS, THE OUTFIT, THE PONY HARVEST, THE UPBEATS, V/VM, WAYEED