Interstitial (been waiting to use that word for a while) spoken word pieces taken from AOC’s questioning of Mark Zuckerberg during a recent US congressional hearing, with Zuckerberg’s responses neatly summarized by Nish Kumar during Bugle 4121 – “Dogshit policies”.
And on with the show…
Direct download: The Joint – 2 November 2019
Notebooks out completists, here’s the playlist in full…
- DISQ – All I Do Is Nothing
- FRANCE SAUVAGE – Parle Toi De Nous
- THE RAVISHING BEAUTIES – Arctic Death (John Peel Session)
- BLACK MARBLE – Private Show
- 75 DOLLAR BILL – There’s No Such Thing As A King Bee
AOC vs Zuckerberg 1
- ESSAIE PAS – Corps Étranger
- DESTROYER – Crimson Tide
- AFRIQUA – Space Dookie (featuring Big Farma)
- THE ORIELLES – Come Down On Jupiter
AOC vs Zuckerberg 2
- AQXDM – Infrared
- RABIT – STARBELLY_6_MIA
- ASHER D – Top Boy (featuring D Double E, Big Tobz & P Money)
- LOUIS MOHOLO – You Ain’t Gonna Know Me ‘Cos You Think You Know Me
AOC vs Zuckerberg 3
- PENGUIN CAFE – At The Top Of The Hill, They Stood…
- LIZZO – Good As Hell (featuring Ariana Grande)
- SIG NU GRIS – Gang Starr – Skills (Sig Nu Gris Fixation)
- BOBBIE GENTRY – Reunion
- MEGAN THEE STALLION – Hot Girl Summer (featuring Nicki Minaj & Ty Dolla $ign)
AOC vs Zuckerberg 4
- SPECIAL REQUEST – Vortex 164 (Sully Remix)
- GIRL IN RED – Bad Idea!
- SMOKING MIRROR, THE – Siren Girl
- SQUID – Match Bet
Nish Kumar vs AOC vs Zuckerberg*
- JOHNNY GOTH – Let Them In
- FRANK OCEAN – DHL
- LUNG DART – AV Duet
- PATIO – Split
- BLAWAN – Many Many Pings
- LIGHTNING BOLT – All Insane
* The source of this week’s lyrical heading.
Brand new Shit & Shine with an accompanying video (see above) that uses footage from the 1986 documentary Heavy Metal Parking Lot (see below).
This, in turn, has inspired the Judas Priest links in today’s show. Who knew Rob Halford was so omnipresent on MTV promos and commercials in the mid 80’s (apart from 240 million Americans, that is)? TURBO POWER!
It’s a milestone in the careers of both Donny Osmond and Elton John as they both make their full Joint debuts, independently of each other but in the same unlikeliest of circumstances (hip-hop collaborations).
Plus The Sesh is back courtesy of Clara!.
Direct download: The Joint – 01 September 2018
And here’s the playlist in full…
- LEE HAZLEWOOD – The Girl On Death Row
- LETS EAT GRANDMA – I Will Be Waiting (Baths Remix)
- MUSH – Gig Economy
- FUTURE GET DOWN – Here Come The Wreckers
- SIR BABYGIRL – Heels
- HOUSE OF FEELINGS – Touchscreen (featuring Meredith Graves)
- MUNYA – Hotel Delmano
- RICO NASTY – Wanna Do
- BROOKE CANDY – My Sex (featuring Pussy Riot, Mykki Blanco & MNDR)
- ATTRAKTTA – Distance in Ultrablue
- REVOLUTIONARY CORPS OF TEENAGE JESUS – Who Cares Who Dies
- NEZI MOMODU – Broken
- LALA LALA – Water Over Sex
- LIL YACHTY vs DONNY OSMOND – Start The Par-Dee
- YOUNG THUG vs ELTON JOHN – Rocket Man
- SINGERS & PLAYERS – Bedward The Flying Preacher
- STEFFLON DON – Lil Bitch (Intro)
- JONWAYNE – Last Last Fall
- MEDHANE – Garden
- MASS GOTHIC – How I Love You
- CURTISS MALDOON – Sepheryn (Ray Of Light)
- LOW – Disarray
- ARIANA GRANDE – The Light Is Coming (featuring Nicki Minaj)
- SHIT & SHINE – Yeah I’m On Acid
- CHRISTINE AND THE QUEENS – 5 Dollars
This week is not the first time The Joint has embraced an Eastenders themed track. Anyone remember Osymyso‘s Pat & Peg from the turn of the century?
Direct download: The Joint – 03 December 2016
This week, in the interests of full disclosure, The Joint are citing all their sources.
And here’s the playlist in full…