Whilst The Joint enjoys what is left of the Holidays we’re digging into the archives to present a Christmas mix from 2010. We have no recollection of making this or the reasons why it was made. We don’t think it was ever broadcast on any terrestrial or web based radio station.
Our (re)gift to you.
Direct download: The Joint – 29 December 2018
And here’s the playlist in full…
- T-REX – Xmas Flexi Message (Fan Club 45)
- BASEMENT 5 – Last White Christmas
- MICROPENIS – Happy Christmas Stalin
- SOUL SAINTS ORCHESTRA – Santa’s Got Bag Of Soul
- THE VICHY GOVERNMENT – Christmas Is Cancelled
- SAINT ETIENNE – Christmas 1936
- ASOBI SEKSU – Merry Christmas (I Don’t Want To Fight Tonight)
- WAX AUDIO – Happy Xmas (War Is Over)
- PSYCHIC TV – White Nights
- SUFJAN STEVENS – Come On! Let’s Boogey To The Elf Dance!
- KURTIS BLOW – Christmas Rappin’
- THE TOILET – All I Want For Christmas Is Shit
- GO HOME PRODUCTIONS – Carpenters Christmas (Karen Meets Roots Radics Uptown)
- WEIRD TAPES – Christmas Break
- THE FALL – No Xmas For John Quays (John Peel Session)
- GRANDADDY – Alan Parsons In A Winter Wonderland
- THE WAITRESSES – Christmas Wrapping (Original 12″ Long Version)
- THE O’JAYS – Christmas Ain’t Christmas, New Years Ain’t New Years Without The One You Love
- THE LOVELY EGGS – Tyrannosaurus Rex For Christmas
- THE REBEL – Christmas Every Day
- CASIOTONE FOR THE PAINFULLY ALONE – Cold White Christmas
- JOY ZIPPER – Christmas Song
- CAPTAIN BEEFHEART & HIS MAGIC BAND – There Ain’t No Santa Claus On The Evenin’ Stage
- WILD BILLY CHILDISH AND THE MUSICIANS OF THE BRITISH EMPIRE – Christmas Lights
- THE GOLDEN FILTER – White Nights
- SWEAR – All I Want For Christmas
- POLY STYENE – Black Christmas
- THREE BLIND MICE – Merry Christmas
- WALKMEN – No Christmas While I’m Talking
- C.W. STONEKING – On A Christmas Day
- FLEET FOXES – White Winter Hymnal
- JAMES BROWN – Let’s Make Christmas Mean Something This Year Pts 1 & 2
- THE WILD SWANS – The Coldest Winter For A Hundred Years
- VINCE GUARALDI TRIO – Christmas Time Is Here (Instrumental)
- WILD MAN FISCHER – I’m A Christmas Tree
Posted in music, playlist, the show
Tagged Asobi Seksu, Basement 5, C.W. Stoneking, Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band, Casiotone For The Painfully Alone, Fleet Foxes, Go Home Productions, Grandaddy, James Brown, Joy Zipper, Kurtis Blow, MICROPENIS, Poly Styene, Psychic TV, Saint Etienne, Soul Saints Orchestra, Sufjan Stevens, Swear, T-Rex, The Fall, THE GOLDEN FILTER, The Lovely Eggs, The O’Jays, The Rebel, The Toilet, The Vichy Government, The Waitresses, The Wild Swans, Three Blind Mice, Vince Guaraldi Trio, Walkmen, Wax Audio, Weird Tapes, Wild Billy Childish And The Musicians Of The British Empire, Wild Man Fischer
Posted in playlist, the show
Tagged Alpha, ALPHA HORACE ANDY, ARCTIC PLATEAU, Bibio, BIG TWO HUNDRED, BIZARRE INC., Daft Punk, Fool's Gold, Fujiya & Miyagi, GENEVIEVE PASQUIER, JOAKIM, KIKI, L Que & Dreadknowledge, LCD Soundsystem, LET'S WRESTLE, MICROPENIS, ONRA, PACIFIC HEIGHTS, ROOTS MANUVA SERGE GAINSBOURG, Sage Francis, steel harmony, THE DUCKWORTH LEWIS METHOD, The Emperor Machine, THE SPECIALS, The xx, VICE VERSA
Chateau Marmont work hard on predicting the result of the Champions League final.
Indulge us. Please. For a minute. Punchline (sort of) coming…
This Wednesday night/Thursday morning (depending where you are in the world) sees the 2009 European Cup Final (annoyingly called the Champions League for the last 17 years) between FC Barcelona and Manchester United, arguably the two best football teams currently on the planet, and each boasting potential world players of the year.
The Herb Whisperer swears that this is the most excited he has been about a football match in years.
It’s a difficult match to predict. Will it be a goalless affair or a feast of goals? More importantly, how are we going to bet on this match and try to make up for the debacles of our poor betting records for the last few World Cups and European Championships?
Inspiration came in the form of playing Barcelona producer John Talabot‘s “Naomi” back to back with Manchester outfit Delphic‘s “Counterpoint”.
Because the former is 7 something minutes long and the latter is 6 something minutes long we have decided to put our life savings on Barcelona winning 7-6. In extra time.
With those sorts of winnings we’ll be able to throw a big party for all of you at Chateau Marmont in Los Angeles sometime soon. The invitations will be mailed out next Friday. Looking forward to seeing you there.
If we lose the bet, it’s our equivalent of burning a million quid, just like what The K Foundation did in 1994…
Podcast links for this show [Subscribe]
Posted in playlist, the show
Tagged A HA, Chateau Marmont, CUT CITY, DEASTRO, Delphic, DESIGNER DRUGS, DVA featuring FLOWDAN & RIKO, GUI BORATTO, Hall & Oates, HOLE CLASS, JIM HUGHART, John Talabot, KATZENJAMMERS, KOKO VON NAPOO, La Roux, LIVYO, MASSIMILIANO PAGLIARA, MAXWELL D, MICROPENIS, mnek, MONTT MARDIE, Nosaj Thing, PHEREMOANS, PRODIGY, QUAD THROW SALCHOW, Royksopp, SPANISH PRISONERS, STREETLAB, The Field, The Horrors, THE MARY ONETTES, The Shocking Pinks, Truth, VOXTROT, WILD SWANS