Excited. The KLF are back.
And back as BADGER KULL.
Henry Morris, personal trainer, gives the low down on The KLF…
Direct download: The Joint – 26 August 2017
And here’s the playlist in full…
- Felix Leifur – Unidentified Blues
- Friendly Service – Good Morning
- Laura Lee Lovely – Hot Blood
- Succhiamo – Al Supermercato
- Pär Grindvik – London Marble
- The KLF – Mastermind 2012
- Justified Ancients Of Mu Mu – It’s Grim Up North (Part 1)
- Don’t DJ – Wiedergänger
- Jeff Rushin – Form
- Phara – Paramount One
- Isabella – Ominate
- Meatbingo – A Jazz Carpet
- A I W A – Left My Car in Divaca
- Swarvy – Marzbow
- KMD ft. Jay Electronica & MF DOOM – Light Years *
- Nuvarna – Top Down (feat. Troy, Sultan, Scumboy)
- Alek Lee – Sfarot
- Queen Neptune – Oh How
- Fazerdaze – Jennifer
- Yumi Zouma – Depths (Pt. I)
- Blair Parkes – run electro
- Twisted Wires – One Night At The Raw Deal
- Tolouse Low Trax – Metal Tent Wicked
- Caramel Smooth Heaven – Rituals
- 18 RAYS – I Feel Rain
- ghostpoet – End Times
* The source of this week’s lyrical heading.
Posted in playlist, the show
Tagged 18 RAYS, A I W A, Alek Lee, blair parkes, Caramel Smooth Heaven, Don't DJ, Fazerdaze, Felix Leifur, Friendly Service, Ghostpoet, Isabella, Jay Electronica, Jeff Rushin, justified ancients of mu mu, KMD, Laura Lee Lovely, Meatbingo, MF DOOM, Nuvarna, Pär Grindvik, Phara, Queen Neptune, Succhiamo, Swarvy, The KLF, Tolouse Low Trax, Twisted Wires, Yumi Zouma
Last night I got jaded with iTunes and instead went rummaging through my crates of CDs. Subconsciously I’m sure I was looking for The KLF’s “Chill Out” album but instead I happened upon The JAMS “It’s Grim Up North”.
Because I’m a cartography nerd (i.e. I like to stare at maps for ages) I love tracks that mention geographical locations. Odd but true. Hence “It’s Grim Up North” is a treasure trove. And as a bonus it was made by my musical heroes Bill Drummond and Jimmy Cauty. What more could I possibly ask for?
Wikipedia » It’s Grim Up North
Wikipedia » The Justified Ancients of Mu Mu
View the “It’s Grim Up North” locations in a Google map