Earlier this week our accountant shocked us with the news that The Herb Whisperer is carbon negative – not carbon neutral like we originally thought. To get him to a point where he is carbon neutral will involve him expending a lot of carbon by making lots of international flights. This means The Herb Whisperer will be on hiatus over the next several months.
Hiatus is not a country in the Caribbean. In fact, The Herb Whisperer has taken up semi-permanent residence in The Andrew Ridgeley Suite at Club Tropicana on the Gold Coast in AUstralia. This involves a lot of poolside action and being served pinacoladas by George Michael lookalikes. The Gold Coast is one of the weirder parts of world.
This does mean that the podcast is out of action for a while.
But it also means that in the secluded privacy of the RDU studio Fraserhead, as well as continue doing the show, can just sit there watching classy music videos by Make The Girl Dance for their new single “Baby Baby Baby”. If you look closely, you will notice that the video image is mirrored (eg. shop names are backwards). Yes, Fraserhead notices things like this.
And here’s today’s playlist in full…
- Lindstrom & Solale “Baby I can’t stop”
- John Lord Fonda “So far away”
- Bottin “Horror disco”
- Sola Rosa “The ace of space” **NZ**
- The Horrors “Scarlet fields”
- Jon Lajoie “Not giving a fuck!”
- Gossip “Heavy cross” (Fred Falke remix)
- Quad Throw Salchow “Speed”
- Bon Jovi “Livin’ on a prayer”
- Beastie Boys “Brass monkey”
- Spank Rock “Far left”
- M.I.A. “Paper planes” (DFA remix)
- Justice “Waters of Nazareth”
- Michael Jackson “Thriller”
- Fenech-Soler “The cult of romance” (Alan Braxe remix)
- Van She “Virgin suicide”
- The Beatles “Flying”
- Nosaj Thing “Caves”
- Make The Girl Dance “My name is breezy”
- Make The Girl Dance “Baby baby baby”
- Black Meteoric Star “Death tunnel”
- Galaxy Sound Company “Shake it up”
- The Fall “British people in hot weather”
- Colder “Colder”
- Alan Braxe & Fred Falke “You’ll stay in my heart”
No podcast this week sorry.