Best opening line of any song this year.
There’s no podcast of today’s show, which is a shame as it’s not everyday we are serenaded live in a horse truck in an earthquake zone with a ukelele version of 99 Luftballons by a lady who hails from the same part of Germany as Nena herself.
The lady strumming and singing live in the RDUnit was Silke Hartung, host of Freak The Sheep, newsreader at 95bFM and first time visitor to Christchurch. We look forward to having the invitation reciprocated, so The Joint can perform live on the Auckland airwaves (Fraserhead on cowbells, The Herb Whisperer on Stylophone Beatbox).
Because of the absence of audio evidence we’re declaring this the greatest show we’ve ever done, safe in the knowledge no-one can prove otherwise.
The lost classic playlist in full:
- DJ Shadow – Let’s get it (bass, bass, bass)
- Deep Space Orchestra – Vanishing point (Marcello Napoletano house mix)
- !!! – Jamie, my intentions are bass (Mf/Mb/ remix)
- Cults – Go outside (Menahan Street Band remix)
- Air France – It feels good to be around you
- Spelunks – Get it together **NZ**
- Tonetta – $Viral$
- The New Line – Off axis
- Rocca Caine – Ahol schaum
- Joy Orbison – Sicko cell (Pusherman Remix)
- Pollyester – Pikant
- Electricity In Our Homes – Aching breaking shaking for you
- Psych Tigers – T33NAGERS **NZ**
- The Men – Bataille
- Surgeon – Sheffield muggerscum out (The Black Dog remix)
- Roy Montgomery – Pressed bloom **NZ**
- Wade Ward – Cumberland gap
- Silke Hartung – 99 luftballons (live @ The RDUnit)
- Angelo Badalamenti & David Lynch – Sycamore trees
- Alex Ebert featuring RZA – Truth
- Frank Ocean – Nostalgia, ultra
- Gui Boratto – The drill
- Dirty Beaches – True blue
- Johnita & Joyce Collins – One morning soon
- Sloppy Heads – Photo album of baby
- Psych Tigers – Summertime **NZ**