As the 2010 World Cup kicks off next Saturday this could be the last, lucid, cohesive show for a month.
The All Whites play their first match of the tournament against Slovakia. Working on the purely logical basis that a national anthem can act as the twelfth man it seems that Slovakia could run out 2-1 winners. How’s this for staunch lyrics ???
Above Tatra bolts of lightning, thunderstorm pounds wildly.
Let’s stop them brothers, they will be lost, Slovaks will rise alive.
Our Slovakia was in deep sleep until now.
But thunder’s lightning is shaking it to it’s revival.
Slovak national anthem
Though it’s not as hardcore as the Serbian national anthem which mentions Ak-47s, armoured personnel carriers, ultras, and knitting.
Maybe it’s time to drop the nationalism and go for something a bit more lateral? We nominate “Kicker Conspiracy” by The Fall to be played at all international matches.
And here’s the playlist in full…
12pm – 1pm
- Tiger and Woods – Time
- Kids of 88 – Just a little bit **NZ**
- Robyn – Don’t fucking tell me what to do
- Vex’d – Disposition
- Uffie – Hong Kong garden
- Zola Jesus – I can’t stand
- Holy Fuck – SHT MTN
- The Fall – Mexico wax solvent
- The Fall – Kicker conspiracy
- Benny Tones – Fire fly (feat Mara TK)
1pm – 2pm
- Beastie Boys Vs DJ Shadow- Here’s a little somethin’ for ya Vs. The numbers song
- Acid Washed – The rain
- Cold Cave – Life magazine (Pantha Du Prince first flash remix)
- Kavinsky – Nightcall
- Jermiside & Danny Diggs featuring Von Pea – Didn’t I tell you
- The Drums – Forever and ever amen (Saint Etienne remix)
- Uffie – Neuneu
- Uffie – Difficult
- Uffie – Art of Uff
- Rose Elinor Dougall – Find me out
- Dãm-Funk – Tunnels
Alternatively, this is the raw, unpasteurized version of the show in mp3 format. No chapters, pictures or links. Slightly less quality. Otherwise the audio content is the same as the two files above. The choice is yours…..